Permit Applications

As of December 1, 2009, plan exam fees will be collected at the time of application and are non-refundable.
Bon Fire
Commercial (New & Additions)
Condominium and Multi-Family Dwellings (Over 2 units)
Deck Permit
Dumpster Enclosure
Electrical Permit
Fence Permit
Fire Protection
Garden Houses, Gazebos, Cabanas
HVAC Permit
Landscape Certification Affidavit
Landscape Re-Certification Affidavit
Occupancy Permit
One or Two Family Residence
Plumbing Permit
Razing Permit
Recertification Survey Affidavit
Recreation Room
Residential Additions (Including decks)
Residential Alterations
Retaining Walls
Sign Permit
Survey Requirements
Swim Pools
Temporary Use Permit
  • 1 Temporary Use Application
  • Letter of intent describing the activity, the dates involved and the hours of operation.
  • 10 copies of site plan (24"x36" or smaller to scale) containing the following:
    1. Property boundaries with the temporary use located on the plan.
    2. Traffic patterns and parking areas to be used on the site.
    3. Location of driveways and adjacent roads used by those attending the temporary use activity.
    4. Location of sanitary facilities on the property.
    5. Exact boundaries of each of the various uses on the property (games, rides, stages, beverage tents, products etc.)
Tenant Space Finishes
(Required for public tents larger than 250 square feet in area)
Temporary Use Renewal Permit
  • If temporary use is substantially the same as the previous year's permit, you only need fill out a renewal application.
  • Temporary Use Permit - Renewal

Village of Elm Grove Water Service Application

Well Operation Permit

Licensing Contractors must produce the appropriate State of Wisconsin licenses and credentials prior to obtaining building permits in the City of Brookfield. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services - Safety and Buildings Division by telephone at (608) 261-8500, or visit the DSPS web site.