Go To Search
Click to Home

Voter Information
Polling Places


Are You Qualified to Vote?


You May Vote If: 

  • You are a United States Citizen.
  • You are 18 years or older today.
  • You have lived here for 28 days before this election.
  • You are registered to vote or are registering today.


You May Not Vote If:

  • You have voted in this election already.
  • You are still required to report to a probation or parole officer because of a felony conviction.
  • You have been ruled incapable of voting by a judge. 


How Do I Register to Vote?


You must complete a Voter Registration form (GAB-131). The registration form must be completed accurately and completely.   You may register by mail or in-person at the City Clerk Office, Brookfield Public Library, during regular business hours or at the polls on Election Day.  The City Clerk office address is 2000 N Calhoun Road, Brookfield, WI  53005.  Be aware there may be time restrictions that registration by mail is accepted.  The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (third Wednesday) before the election.  Registration is NOT permitted on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before the Election.  For further information and forms see the links below:


Voter Photo ID


On Tuesday, March 6, 2012, a Dane County Circuit Court Judge order the Governor and the Government Accountability Board to “cease immediately any effort to enforce or implement the photo identification requirements” of 2011 Wisconsin Act 23.  The temporary injunction came in one of the two lawsuits in Dane County Circuit Court challenging the Voter Photo ID law.    At the present time, Wisconsin residents who are eligible to vote will not be required to show an acceptable photo ID to vote at the upcoming elections.


2011 Act 23 (the “Voter Photo ID Bill”) required all voters, beginning with the 2012 February Primary, to prove their identity before casting a ballot. 


Other requirements of Act 23 are still in force, including 28-consecutive day residency, poll list signing, shortened timelines for absentee voting, and the prohibition of the use of a corroborator in lieu of proof of residence.


Where Do I Vote?


Other Helpful Information


If you have questions, please call the City Clerk at (262) 782-9650.