Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education
The Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc. is looking for community volunteers to assist our Committee members with planning and running our various public education events in the City of Brookfield, WI.
As a volunteer, non-profit organization, the Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc. draws its support from the people who reside, work or attend school in the City of Brookfield.
The Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc. was created on February 15, 1996 to assist the City of Brookfield Police and Fire Departments in promoting public safety education to its residents and businesses.
The mission of the Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc. is to promote community awareness of public safety issues such as crime prevention, fire safety and emergency medical services (EMS) through the development of programs implemented by a citizen board of volunteers in cooperation with police and fire department representatives.
Programs Promoting Community Awareness
These programs will focus on educating the community regarding their role in preventing crime, enhancing safety and participating in EMS through community initiative and self-sufficiency.
Examples of public safety activities and programs supported by the Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc. include:
- The City of Brookfield’s summer Safety Town Program in June and July
- The annual community-wide National Night Out event in August - See Flyer for Event
- Supports Dementia Friendly Elmbrook
- Events to promote public safety
- Special Community events
For more information on volunteering for the Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc., please contact Task Force Chairperson, Kandis Voelske at (414) 704-9394 or email.
This pre-school safety program is sponsored by the Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc.
Safety Town combines classroom instruction and the use of a miniature town that includes buildings, roads, signs and tricycles. The program emphasizes traffic, fire, and personal safety. During the week, the children will tour the City of Brookfield Police and Fire Departments. The program is for children who will be entering 5-year-old Kindergarten in the Fall of 2022 (no exceptions).
All sessions are held at Dixon Elementary School, 2400 Pilgrim Square Drive, Brookfield.
- Session 1: June 20 – June 24, 2022 FULL
- Session 2: June 27 – July 1, 2022 FULL
- Session 3: July 11 – July 15, 2022 FULL
- Session 4: July 18 – July 22, 2022 FULL
There will be no In-Person Registration for Safety Town. There will be Mail-In Registration only.
Safety Town Information
Safety Town Permission Slip
Safety Town Registration Form
Cost: $75.00 per child (includes Safety Town T-shirt)
Make check payable to: Brookfield Task Force on Public Safety Education, Inc.
Mail check and the 2 registration forms to:
Brookfield Safety Town Registration
City of Brookfield Fire Department
Attn: CRRO Michelle Garcia
2100 N Calhoun Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
For more information on Safety Town, please email Community Risk Reduction Officer Michelle Garcia or call 262-787-3643.
- Parents may register only their child
- Each session is limited to the first 25 children (no exceptions)
- Each child can only sign up for one session (however, you can list an alternate session if the first session is already filled up)
- We are accepting applications for Teen Volunteers. For more information, contact Sara Field at 262-794-3267, or email.