Past Due Charges
Materials must be returned to either the Brookfield Public Library or to a CAFE member library by the date due in order to avoid past due charges.
|Books, magazines, Cliffs Notes, audiobooks, compact discs, CD-ROMs, and Playaways||$0.15|
|Book Club Kits||$1.00|
|Hotspots (if overdue, access will be turned off)||$1.00|
- No overdue fines are charged to children 17 years and younger, checking out materials from the Children's Department on their own library card. When materials go to final overdue (42 days/6 weeks) a flat rate, non-refundable fee of $5.00 per item will be applied. This policy is intended to encourage young readers to use the library without fear of accumulating fines they may be unable to pay. However, please continue to return materials in a timely fashion so others may also use and enjoy them.
- Overdue fines are charged to children 17 years and younger, checking out materials from the Adult and Young Adult Departments on their own library card.
- Overdue fines are charged on materials from the Adult, Young Adult and Children's Departments checked out by patrons 18 years and older on their own library card.
- If you do not find materials, pay for them promptly to avoid fines. If an item that has been "lost and paid" is returned to the library in good condition with the original lost and paid receipt, the material cost will be refunded.
- Patrons retaining overdue materials are notified by the Library's automated voice notification system, text or email (7 days/1 week) and (21 days/3 weeks) after an item is due.
- A patron's library card is blocked when fines or charges on returned materials surpass $10.00. A block is placed on a patron card when materials go to final overdue (42 days/6 weeks).
- Drive-up book and A-V returns are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Payments for library past due charges and/or lost materials are can be handled in person at the Circulation Desk at the Brookfield Public Library. Payment types accepted include cash or check. If you owe fines of $5.00 or more, you can pay online with a credit card. Just log into MY ACCOUNT and click on “Pay Fines Now!” This option only appears if you owe $5.00 or more. A 5% service fee applies.