- Business & Development
- Economic Development
- Economic Development Program
Economic Development Programs
The City of Brookfield’s Economic Development Program communicates the City’s economic development vision, and provides clear objectives and strategies to achieve that vision. The Economic Development Program was incorporated in the City’s 2035 Comprehensive Plan as that Plan’s Economic Development Chapter.
- Economic Development Program Evaluation Benchmarks
- Economic Development Plan Implementation Strategies
- 2022 Economic Development Workplan
Economic Development Office
The City of Brookfield’s Economic Development Office offers several programs that benefit business:
- Brookfield Development Loan Fund, established in 2011, to assist business investment with low interest loan funds for eligible projects where jobs are created.
- Village Loan Program - To assist businesses interested in locating or investing in the Historic Village area along Brookfield Road
- Ongoing business retention and expansion programs, including a business visitation program.
- A business attraction program, including marketing of the city individually and as part of the M7 Region.
- Planning for potential redevelopment projects including Tax Increment Financing.
- Advocacy for businesses negotiating government assistance and approvals
- Site and building searches, using state and regional databases, as well as the proprietary Xceligent® commercial database.
Economic Development Committee
The City of Brookfield's Economic Development Committee (EDC) serves as the lead economic development organization in Brookfield. Its overall goals include the following:
- To lead, guide, and coordinate the efforts of citizens and organizations concerned with local economic development.
- To help retain and provide for the expansion of existing employment opportunities by helping to meet the needs of existing employers in all business sectors.
- To help create new employment opportunities through the attraction of new employers to the community.
- To help with increasing new employment opportunities by providing assistance to persons interested in developing new, or expanding existing, small businesses in the City.
- To facilitate economic development in the City by providing community facilities and services that will enable the expansion of employment opportunities
For More Information
Contact the Community Development Department at (262) 796-6694.