- General Information & Other Services
- Exam Proctoring Policy
Exam Proctoring Policy
With the increase in distance education, librarians are increasingly being asked to serve as exam proctors. We are willing to provide this service if the educational institution's proctoring requirements are compatible with our staff and operational factors.
Eligibility and Identification
- Photo ID is required for verification of each student taking an exam.
- The fee of $10 per exam taken must be paid in advance.
- Any additional fees (i.e. fax) must also be paid in advance.
- If the exam is to be returned by mail, the student must provide a postage paid envelope (if not already provided by the issuing institution).
- The Library is not responsible for any costs to receive or return any test materials. All fees and costs are the responsibility of the student.
- If the exam has been provided by email and/or online and must be printed, the student will pay $0.15/page. If additional copies are needed, the student will pay $0.15/page for those copies as well.
- If the exam needs to be faxed the student will pay $0.15/page.
- Anyone needing to have an exam proctored should contact the Adult Reference Desk (262-782-4140, Option 1) a minimum of three days in advance.
- Exams may be taken any time the Library is open depending upon the availability of a certified MLS librarian to administer the exam.
- Exams pending will be kept on file at the Adult Reference Desk. Students should contact Adult Reference to verify that the test has been received, and to schedule time to take it.
- If a student requires special accommodation to complete the exam, the Adult Reference Desk must be advised of this when the exam is scheduled.
- It is the student’s responsibility to coordinate transfer of the exam from the issuing institution to the Library.
- It is the student’s responsibility to schedule and allow sufficient time for the test to be taken, and to meet any deadlines imposed by the issuing institution.
- The Library will retain exams for 90 days, or the issuing institution’s deadline whichever comes first. Any uncompleted exams will be returned to the issuing institution if postage has been provided, if not, they will be destroyed.
- The Brookfield Public Library is not responsible for any delayed exam, or any completed exams once they leave the Library.
- The student is responsible for verifying with the issuing institution that the proctoring staff and procedure for testing meet that institution’s requirements.
- Specific proctors cannot be guaranteed.
- It is the student’s responsibility to bring his/her photo ID and any materials required to take the exam.
- Cell phone use during exams is prohibited.
- Exams may be given in a windowed study room. Proctors will not monitor the student continuously, but may check on them periodically. The Library cannot guarantee that the areas outside the study rooms will be quiet.
- Proctored exams may be written or online. If the exam is taken online, the student must agree to the Library’s Internet Use policies. If a student is under 18, this agreement will require parental permission to use the Internet.
- Proctors will enforce any time or other restrictions placed on the exam by the issuing institution, or provided for in the exam materials.
- Proctors will not sign a proctoring verification form that attests to more than what that proctor has been able to do.
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees
October 12, 2011