This is the Spring 2023 Safety Committee meeting.
The next regular scheduled meeting is: December 13, 2023
Minutes of the December 9, 2022 meeting.
Apparatus and equipment testing
- Fire apparatus pump test
- Fire apparatus aerial test
- Fire apparatus ground ladder testing
- Portable equipment – extrication tool maintenance
- Firefighting hose inspection and testing
- Inspect, maintain and test fire extinguishers
- Inspect life safety rope and equipment/harnesses
Protective clothing and equipment
- Establish and maintain an inspection program for protective clothing with 29CFR1910.134
- Adopt and maintain a respiratory protection program consistent with 29CFR1910.134. Annual respirator testing complete with one exception (FMLA).
- Sources of compressed breathing air is tested to CGA Standards G-7.1.
- Hydrostatically test each SCBA tank within the time limits established by the manufacturer and/or by governmental agency.
- Conduct respiratory fit test in accordance with 29CFR1910.134 prior to (initial) use and annually.
- Conduct annual flow test for SCBA regulator and mask integrity test.
- Ensure a PASS device is available and used.