This is the Fall 2023 Safety Committee meeting.
The next regular scheduled meeting is: Wednesday, June 5, 2024.
Minutes of the June 7, 2023 meeting.
Apparatus And Equipment Testing.
- Fire apparatus pump test – Completed June 5, 2023.
- Fire apparatus aerial test – Scheduled 11/13/2023.
- Fire apparatus ground ladder testing – To be scheduled by FF/P/EO Yaresh.
- Portable equipment – extrication tool maintenance completed late 2022 and may be scheduled in late 2023 depending on receiving new extrication equipment.
- Firefighting hose inspection and testing. Completed in August/September 2023 by FF/P/EO Dobratz.
- Inspect, maintain and test fire extinguishers – Automatically completed annually by Fleming Fire in the Fall and overseen by FF/P/EO Pratt.
- Inspect life safety rope and equipment/harnesses - Completed September 12, 2023.
Protective Clothing And Equipment.
- Establish and maintain an inspection program for protective clothing with 29CFR1910.134 – To be completed by Lt. Moe.
- Adopt and maintain a respiratory protection program consistent with 29CFR1910.134 Completed April 2023, except nine people.
- Conduct respiratory fit test in accordance with 29CFR1910.134 prior to (initial) use and annually. New hires were completed and department-wide completed October 31, 2023 except four people..
- Sources of compressed breathing air is tested to CGA Standards G-7.1. – First quarter completed and second quarter to be completed before the end of June. Testing company automatically sends testing kit each quarter to be completed and returned by FF/P Kronschnabel
- Hydrostatically test each SCBA tank within the time limits established by the manufacturer and/or by governmental agency – Completed in 2022 and required every five years. Will need to be replaced in 2027.
- Conduct annual flow test for SCBA regulator and mask integrity test. Completed June 26 -27, 2023 by FF/P Kronschnabel
- Ensure a PASS device is available and used. Completed as part of daily PPE inspection.