What if my drivers license is suspended for non payment of a citation?
If the suspension occurred as a result of a City of Brookfield ticket, you can pay the amount of the citation at the City of Brookfield Police Department in full. You will need to wait 2 business days after your suspension is lifted by the court, before you will be able to reinstate your drivers license with Department of Motor Vehicle.

If you appear at an Initial Appearance/Pre-trial Conference with a citation for Operating After Suspension/Revocation, the City Prosecutor will review your driving record with you to determine if you are suspended for non-payment of a Municipal Citation. If that is the case, the City Prosecutor may propose a settlement that allows you to follow a specific procedure to reinstate your driver's license. If, after the conference with the City Prosecutor, you are still unsure as to what you need to do to reinstate your driver's license, ask the City Prosecutor to re-explain your settlement proposal or ask the Judge when your case is called.

Show All Answers

1. What is the general procedure followed in Municipal Court?
2. What is the burden of proof in Municipal Court?
3. Am I entitled to a Public Defender for my court case?
4. How do I know what my court date is?
5. Are there additional court costs if I wish to appear in court?
6. Is there a chance of reducing my points or charges?
7. What happens if I plead not guilty?
8. What do I need to do for my trial date?
9. What do I need for trial?
10. Am I able to see the City Prosecutor before my court date?
11. How do I pay my citation?
12. What type of payment is accepted?
13. What if my drivers license is suspended for non payment of a citation?
14. Do you have payment plans?
15. What happens if I miss my court date?
16. What if I fail to pay my fine?
17. Can I just pay my citation without appearing in court?
18. How will points effect my insurance?
19. Right To Appeal
20. Are there any courses I can complete as part of the penalty imposed by the court for citations?