What happened to the video and audio for meetings?

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act require the City’s website to be accessible to people with disabilities and comply with WCAG 2.0 AA standards. The City has made significant changes to its agendas, minutes, and other posted content to the website to comply with these laws.  However, due to budget and staffing constraints, the City is unable to post fully accessible video and audio recordings to its website.  Accordingly, the City has discontinued visually recording Plan Commission and Common Council meetings and have removed past videos from the website.  Meetings of the Common Council, Plan Commission, and Legislative and Licensing Committee meetings will continue to be audio recorded, but will not be posted to the website.  If you wish to obtain an audio recording or a past video recording, please contact the City Clerk at 262-782-9650 or luedtke@ci.brookfield.wi.us.  

Any person who has a qualifying disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and their disability requires the materials to be provided to them in an accessible format should notify the City Clerk of any accommodation requests along with the request for materials. The City will make all reasonable modifications to the documents to comply with the records request, but will not take any action that would fundamentally alter the nature of its programs or services or impose an undue financial or administrative burden.

Show All Answers

1. Business Hours & Holidays
2. How do I obtain an open record or a public record?
3. When is the Recycling Center open?
4. Does a person need a bicycle license?
5. How do I obtain a Dog License?
6. Who do I call for a stray dog or cat?
7. Who do I call if the trash was not picked up?
8. How do I apply for a Block Party Permit?
9. What rules do solicitors have to follow?
10. When is Trick or Treat?
11. You can't sell it and you can't give it away either!
12. What happened to the video and audio for meetings?